In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
إِنَّ هَذِهِ أُمَّتُكُمْ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً وَأَنَا رَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُونِ" (أنبیاء/۹۲)"
“This is your nation, one nation, and I am your Lord, so worship Me”
(The Prophets/ 92)
By the grace of the Almighty God, the 36th International Islamic Unity Conference titled “Islamic Unity, Peace and Avoidance of Division and Conflict in the Islamic World; Executive Solutions and Operational Measures” was held with the vast presence of scholars and seniors of the Islamic world with the speech of the Honorable President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Seyyed Ebrahim Raisi and prominent personalities of the Islamic world at the Center for International Conferences of the Islamic Republic of Iran and it was simultaneously held with the speech of about two hundred scientific personalities and domestic and foreign cultural and scientific figures in the form of webinars.
This conference was held in a situation where the countries of the world, especially the Islamic countries, need peace and justice more than ever. The purpose of the mission of the Holy Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, was to revive Islamic morals in the society and to teach justice and peace to the world, and he himself was a model of peace and brotherhood and encouraged Muslims to be brotherly, friendly and avoid conflict in all situations. Undoubtedly, referring to the life of the Holy Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, can lead the way in realizing justice and peace and avoiding division in the Islamic world.
The global arrogance led by the US and the predatory West have pursued two basic projects in recent centuries: first, to divide the Islamic world and to tear apart and loot its funds and assets, and second, to promote a secular and liberal culture among the members of the Islamic nations, especially the youth. These two projects are the source of many conflicts, killings and looting in Islamic countries.
The World Forum for the Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought organized the 36th Islamic Unity Conference under the title “Islamic Unity, Peace and Avoidance of Division and Conflict in the Islamic World” with an emphasis on executive solutions and operational measures.
In the articles, speeches, dialogues and exchange of opinions of the guests of this period of the Unity Conference, the following axes were examined:
1. Intellectual and religious freedom and acceptance of religious ijtihad
2. Countering the flow of excommunication and extremism
3. Islamic empathy and avoiding conflict
4. Mutual respect between Islamic religions and respecting the politeness of differences and avoiding insults and offenses
5. The plan of a unified ummah and the union of Islamic countries and providing practical solutions to achieve a unified Islamic ummah
In this period, in addition to the above axes, the issue of normalizing the relationship with the Zionist regime was denounced, and the behind-the-scenes of normalizing the relations with the Zionist regime and the effects of the relationship with the Zionist regime in the region were explained.
The participants in this conference, while meeting and pledging allegiance to the Supreme Leader of the Revolution, Grand Ayatollah Imam Khamenei May Allah Extend His Shadow, benefited from his statements and guidelines regarding the urgent need of Muslims to unite for common interests to face the existing challenges of the Islamic world.
Here are the common points that the scholars present in this conference emphasized in their speeches and exchange of opinions:
1. The current situation of the world requires political decision-makers from all intellectual, scientific, and media groups to try to extinguish the fire of aggressive wars and provide space for the creation of a just peace throughout this planet. Achieving this goal requires sincere international cooperation away from any pressure and threats, as well as the non-interference of enemies who have used all their efforts to cause sedition and war in the world.
2. The crisis of war, strife and terrorism in the world, especially in Islamic countries, along with the mismanagement and incompetence of the international communities to deal with these crises, makes the necessity of action by Islamic countries to solve these problems even more clear. The only way to eradicate terrorism is to dry up the resources that feed it with money, weapons, and extremist and regressive ideas, and achieving this requires comprehensive awareness of the Ummah.
3. It is essential to promote the concept of Islamic brotherhood among Muslims in Islamic and non-Islamic countries, and future generations should be educated based on this concept, and the only way to realize this Islamic and human duty is to remove grudges from the hearts. Because brotherhood cannot be gathered with sectarian grudges, racism and selfishness. God has mentioned this issue in the Holy Qur’an and says: “And we are not in the midst of them.”
4. The participants in this conference, while requesting to increase the scientific dialogue between scholars and religious and cultural activists of the Islamic world, emphasized the necessity of exposing the methods of the domination system to destroy the Islamic brotherhood and promote terrorism. They also considered it necessary to express visionary methods with the tactics of the domination system and to make maximum use of the influence of the religious and social leaders of Islamic countries.
5. The guests of this conference, while paying attention to the issue of Palestine as the central issue of Islam and the world, emphasized that the establishment of peace, security and stability in the region and the world will only be possible by destroying the center of global crises, i. e. global Zionism and its cancerous tumor, Israel.
6. The scholars present in this conference considered the normalization of relations with the Zionist regime as a great betrayal to the Palestinian people and stressed that the regrettable haste of some countries in normalizing relations with the Zionists will encourage this usurping regime in more arrogance, cruelty and aggression. They also asked the authorities of these countries to reconsider their positions and requested the people of these countries to declare their positions regarding this humiliating action.
7. The guests of this conference, while expressing their devotion to the resistance groups, asked the Islamic countries not to withhold their help and support from the resistance groups, because these groups are responsible for the honor and dignity of Muslims in the world.
8. Regarding the unveiling of the books “Unity in the Intellectual System of the Supreme Leader” and “Islamic-Civilizational Futuristics in the Light of the Ideas of the Civilization-Building Imam, Ayatollah Khamenei” at the opening ceremony, the guests of the conference emphasized the need to pay attention to the comprehensive views of Grand Ayatollah Khamenei as the flag bearer of unity and closeness in the Islamic world, because of his continuous emphasis on the harmony between unity and the new Islamic civilization, as well as the necessity of moving towards the establishment of the new Islamic civilization as the greatest goal for the Islamic Ummah.
9. The innovative proposal of the Secretary General of the World Forum for the Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought with the title “Islamic Countries Union” and the statement of its conceptual model was widely welcomed by the participants in this conference and they emphasized on the establishment of a committee to develop an executive plan for the establishment of the “Islamic Countries Union”.
10. The participants in the conference, according to the topic of the conference in the field of cultural development, demanded the following:
1. Improving the level of awareness of Muslims in various areas, especially in the area of understanding Islam and its teachings and goals
2. Education of the Islamic generation based on the culture of resistance and dignity, emphasizing the positive role of women and youth and other groups in the society
3. Helping Islamic minorities in different countries of the world to preserve their identity and perform religious ceremonies and strengthen their role in society while respecting the rights of non-Muslims in Islamic societies
4. Creating a suitable platform for cooperation and helping the needy in the Islamic world
And also, in the field of research and thought, the following matters were emphasized :
1. Expanding the idea of moderation in the understanding of the Sharia taken from the book and noble traditions of the holy Prophet
2. Deepening the idea of proximity in different research areas
3. Developing the logic of dialogue between Muslims
4. Strengthening proximity studies in universities and research centers by establishing academic groups in this specialty and increasing scientific messages and developing specialized-scientific exchange
5. Examining cooperation and synergy solutions in various scientific, political, social, and economic fields in the Islamic world
11. The participants of the conference remembered all those who worked for the path of Islamic unity and proximity, including Seyyed Jamaluddin Asadabadi, Sheikh Mohammad Abduh, Imam Mahmoud Shaltout, Grand Ayatollah Boroujerdi, Imam Khomeini, Imam Maududi, Imam Kaftaro, Imam Seyyed Musa Sadr, Ayatollah Vaezzadeh Khorasani, Sheikh Ramadan Al-Bouti, Sheikh Ahmad Al-Zein, Ayatollah Taskhiri, Hajj Qasem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, May God’s mercy and blessings be upon them.
Finally, the guests of the conference thanked the Islamic Republic of Iran and the World Forum for the Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought, especially the honorable secretary general of this forum, Hujjatul-Islam wal-Muslimin Dr. Hamid Shahriari, for holding the 36th conference and paying attention to the issue of unity and proximity of Islamic schools of thought, and asked Allah the Almighty for the victory of the Islamic Republic of Iran in this road which is full of ups and downs.